AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New laws in Minnesota./////
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sledge
Posted 4/28/2024 20:11 (#10721855)
Subject: New laws in Minnesota./////

Extreme SW Minnesota Iowa border

Was going to a funeral yesterday, and had an empty seed corn pallet on the back of my pickup. Its a flatbed single rear wheel gas 3/4 ton with a flat bed on it. On my flatbeds I have a piece of 3/4 square across the back to keep the stuff from falling off. There was nothing else on the truck, and that one has 18 inch side boards on the side. So I was thinking I am pretty legal. Well, I went to pick up a card to take to the funeral, and didn't get a block down the road and a MNP trooper pulls me over and gets very irate because I don't have a proper tailgate on the truck. I was very nice at first and explained that I was just going to the church down the road and it would be ok.  NoPE . makes me get out and strap down the empty pallet in my church clothes.  While I am doing this, he is sitting there in his car doing paper work.  I though he could at least give me a warning.  Nope. Just came back and chewed on me some more. Well, at this time, I had about had enough of his crap, and I asked him what the statued was that I had violated.  He couldn't answer. I TOLD him to go back and look it up. Then that really set him off. He said it was a new law and they  did not have it in there system.  I was about in disbelief at that time, so I kind of turned a jerk back at him and pointed to the trucks that were driving by with OBVious violations. Prolly should not have done that either. Now he is really mad.  After about a 30 second stare down, he went back to his car.  Took off. 

My question is, Did they change the laws? And if they did would it not be on his computer? Or did was I guilty of driving why being a farmer? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)