AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Test Plots in the Area
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 7/28/2007 22:04 (#179726)
Subject: Test Plots in the Area

Coldwater, Michigan
Rusty,

You asked and you may recieve. You asked if I had any test plots on the way to Indy. Yes, actually I do. I have a 30 acre "Avail" test plot in the Mason, Michigan area. We are comparing LFB Solutions 6-24-6 TMP at 5 gallons/acre on-seed, to LFB Solutions 6-24-6 TMP w/ "Avail" at 5 gallons/acre on-seed. For those of you not familiar with "Avail", it is an encapsulating compound that is supposed to extend the "Availability" (Avail) of Phosphorous. As many of you know Phosphorous ties up with the soil solution very quickly, and becomes unavailable to the plant. The technology is to extend that availability to the growing plant.

Test plots are great places to take a look at stuff like this without having to make a full commitment to an "untried product". Yes I know they tried it, but what do you know about it? You'll know more about it from me, one way or another. This product got a lot of hype in Ag circles this past winter, but nobody seems to have any experience with it. I personally don't know whether it does work, or not. If it does, it would be nice for you to have that info available to you another crop year.

This test plot was done in a 30 acre field with a 16 row planter (30" rows). One side (8 rows) had the "Avail" material, the other (8 rows) had just the straight LFB Solutions 6-24-6 TMP. Therefore, when you turn the planter around you have 16 rows of each treatment. This gives us several replications of "with" and "without" treatments. I still don't know just how many replications we have, but know we have at least 7-8 reps of each treatment. Will report after harvest.

I also have 2 foliar soybean plots in the Logansport to Winamac, Indiana area (NW Indiana). The one plot is 40 acres of alternating strips, the other is a 60 acre alternating strip plot. We are testing some different treatments, and will have a report on them after harvest. Last treatment will probably be applied in approximately 2 weeks.

By the way, these plots are the reason I have the saying about "We put it thru the planter" at the bottom of the page. Very few other companies can make that claim, until "you put it thru your planter".

So yes Rusty, I do have 2-3 plots on the way to Indy for you. Have fun at the races, I assume that is the reason for the Indy trip.

Edited by Bill Moyer 7/28/2007 22:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)