AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

spider mite and aphid spraying questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

halfbaked
Posted 7/30/2007 17:23 (#180494)
Subject: spider mite and aphid spraying questions

in wcmn. guys are starting to treat beans for aphids, majority of guys are treating under the 250 count. i have only been finding 25-40 per plant and that is usually one out of three plants. now as we are in drought conditions, i have to think if it does not rain in the next couple weeks we will be looking at spider mite numbers to deal with. what are your thoughts on how to knock out two birds with one stone on this issue. i am reading that chemicals like warrior will only make the problem worse and lorsban is the one to use on mites, but there is no residual with lorsban or is there. now, the local co-op is pushing for people to spray even with low numbers, i imagine to help their bottom line and also spread out work load, saying throw in warrior with r.u. on second pass for aphids and weeds and i imagine they are hoping for another round of applications for mites. how patient should we be on spraying for aphids, i am hoping to hang in there till the mites show and mix lorsban and warrior, but i am guessing i won't be that lucky. so what are you guys doing or plan on doing if you have aphid conditions and drought conditions and also feel we will have a mite problem. thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)