AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Syengenta agri sure rw 604 the next star link !?!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nayrgro
Posted 9/16/2007 02:03 (#204409)
Subject: Syengenta agri sure rw 604 the next star link !?!?

Tekonsha Mi.
!!!!!!!!!!! CORRECTION !!!!!!!!! It Is AGRI SURE RW MIR 604

If I recall correctly Syengenta came out with there new event of Agri Sure RW corn just before it was time for us to buy seed (Oct.-Dec.)The NCGA and (I think) the USDA made a request that they not put their new event on the market. Syengenta ignored this request and put it on the market anyway.

Now the local ethanol plant says they will not take any Agri Sure RW 604. (This notice has just came out in the last a week or so.) But there parent company also has a fertilizer, herbicide and seed outlet which is about 20 miles form the ethanol plant. Their main seed brand is NK. I am sure that they sold some Agri Sure RW 604. If I was a costumer that bought that seed from them that was Agri Sure RW 604 I would be pissed!!

Has anyone got any idea why a ethanol plant wouldn't want to take this seed? Would the ddg going into beef show this event in there meat?
are they afraid of the meat getting to the EU?

I am quite bias to Monsanto, seeing as I am a Dekalb and Asgrow seed dealer.

I have seen the increase in income on my farm from there traits and I honestly do believe that they want the American farmer to make money and they want to split the profits with us. They continue to bring new products to the market place that improve profitability. But they seem to do it with caution knowing that there technology may not be widely accepted. If they have a product they know has a problem in the EU they clearly label it in there seed guide as Market Choices. Syengenta may have done this and I may not known about it.

In the rush to catch up with Monsanto I am afraid that the other companies are going to cut corners and hurt the American farmer. Monsanto is a 100% American biased company and there are also a 100% agriculture biased company.

So next time a someone tries to blame Monsanto for there cost of seed increase remember that if they had something to offer they would charge for it to and when they do have something to offer they may push it into the market place and may hurt us in the long run.

As I said earlier I am a Dekalb Asgrow seed dealer and I may only be seeing one this from one side. So I would like to hear you input!

On another note Monsanto came out with there RR alfalfa around the same time as the new Agri Sure event. But when Monsanto came around to my farm to deliver some of my early order seed corn the driver asked if I had any of the RR alfalfa seed because they were pulling it off the market. I haven't heard much about why they pulled it but they did.

For those that don't know the other big seed companies are not 100% American or 100% Agriculture therefore the American Farmer may not always be there first interest.

Please don't blast me for my views but I am open to any open minded arguments.

I am looking forward to your feed back!!

Edited by nayrgro 9/16/2007 07:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)