AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deadline Bullets Application ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Rolling Hills
Posted 3/9/2008 14:46 (#329865)
Subject: Deadline Bullets Application ?

Dublin, VA
Over the past few years we have not had as much slug pressure but I know we are bound to get another bad year sometime. We use a cereal rye cover and burn it down about 12" tall and about 1 month before planting. All corn is no-tilled and dairy manure is applied after burn down to planting. We do use martin row cleaner which have helped a great deal. But when we get some cooler wet weather the corn just can't get ahead.

One year we tried to spray liquid nitrogen in the early morning with little success.
My question is to anyone that uses or has had experience with the Deadline products. They are pretty expensive to apply, especially at higher rates. My plan is to use a 12v salt spreader/wildlife feeder mounted on a ATV. Though about a pull-type but was concerned with the ability to keep the speed and width constant. With the ATV set-up I could hit just the low-lying and areas that are known to have higher pressure or in real bad situations cover an entire field. We only grow about 200 ac so we are not talking a great deal land to cover but need to keep the cost limited.

Any pictures from what anyone uses or thoughts from experience would be great help! TIA

Scott
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)