AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Insurance (What If?) Spread Sheet??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 3/12/2008 20:43 (#332563)
Subject: Crop Insurance (What If?) Spread Sheet??

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
I'll tell ya what...I'm starting to put March 15th (crop ins. day) right up there with a dentist appointment for a root canal!!

Is there an on-line spread sheet that a person can put "what if" scenarios in for crop insurance? If so a link would be appreciated.

I'm starting to think I look at this different than everyone else. Talked to a fellow today (who I think is on the ball) that said the high premiums this year were because I was insuring a Cadillac and not a Chevy.

My thoughts were: I am investing a Chevy (input costs) trying to grow a Cadillac...I don't have a Caddy yet. What I want to do is insure myself so that I'll still have a Chevy next year if every thing turns south.
I drive an S-10 Chevy pickup....I don't pay insurance thinking the insurance company will buy me a Caddy if I wreck it!!

I read posts where people say the government pays for part of it... that you can insure a profit, etc. and I realize this is true, BUT, am I the only person who looks at the high/$/acre cost, in the fall, for something that I hope I don't use? I pay my truck insurance but don't plan on wrecking the truck (at my age you can bet I got rear ended if I do (grin))

.... All Thoughts Welcome........................................Mark

Edited by Mark (EC,IN) 3/12/2008 20:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)