AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Be careful on the roads with equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fighting suburbia NC
Posted 8/11/2006 08:14 (#34632)
Subject: Be careful on the roads with equipment

Too close to Raleigh, NC
I suspect that the tractor was Farmall Super A sized single row that was pulling the trailers. It is not uncommon in the rural areas around here to run up on this situation, especially now during tobacco harvest. Most of the fields in this area are 1-10 acres scattered between bottoms and, now, subdivisions. Although there are alot more beans around since the buyout there is still alot of tobacco being grown the way it always has been. The problem is that you usually have to run the roads to get it back to the barns and there is a whole lot more traffic than there used to be. In case you are wondering, I very highly doubt that the trailers or tractor had any lights, maybe not even SMV triangles, as that is still not that common out in the country around here. And when I left to go to work at 6 AM yesterday I had to run my headlights. I reckon they were out early trying to beat the heat. Be safe out there.

Woman Killed In Corvette-Tractor Collision

POSTED: 4:08 pm EDT August 10, 2006

SPRING HOPE, N.C. -- A man was charged in connection with an accident early Thursday that killed a woman driving a tractor, authorities said.

Helen Jean Finch, 66, of Spring Hope, was pulling two tobacco trailers with her tractor west along N.C. Highway 97 at about 5:45 a.m. Thursday when a westbound Corvette slammed into the tractor, authorities said.

Jasper Pete Horne Jr., of Rocky Mount, was charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, authorities said.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)