AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A few questions about the kinze planters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deereman23
Posted 8/20/2006 10:41 (#37378)
Subject: A few questions about the kinze planters

Bardstown,KY
It looks as I don't stand to loose anything going from 7.5 to 15 rows .Just a few questions about the planters , we run 8 row corn heads and my dad would like to go with the 16/31 .Right now we use a 12 row 7000 and get along fine with the 8 row heads. Does anyone have any trouble with getting these planters around as far as dragging the hitch on a rise or dragging the back in a dip.Looks like the 16 would be more pron than the 12 because of length I would like to have the 16 but the 12 might fit me better (dad doesn't have to pull it all ove the country) .I saw a 12 row on machine finder that had a 2pt hitch like the 7000 it's the only one i've seen (do they work well) looks like it would be nice if the hitch was to drag.Also does all the interplant units have a seed monitor ,reason for asking is some are sold with different monitors maybe comes down to how it was bought new.
I've never really looked at the kinze planters up close ,all I know is john deere and they don't seem to have a planter to fit my price except for the 1780's and they are to wide in the transport for what I want 16+ feet am I right about this. Theres nothing beter than experince ,so i'd like to hear a little about these before I go look at one. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)