AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Elderly driving ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pappy O'Daniel
Posted 3/9/2024 08:36 (#10658386)
Subject: Elderly driving ?

E-Central Ne.
I have a situation that is bothering me ,and would like some advice. My Dad is 88 years old ,and is in great physical and mental condition for someone his age. The problem is when he drives, he often pulls out in front of vehicles and putts down the road at a snails pace. Dad lives in town about 30 miles from me . He lives alone because Mom past away a year and a half ago. Yesterday He picked me up to go to an event in a town about 5 miles from my farm. I live on a state hwy. that has a lot of traffic and has a speed limit of 65 mph. He pulled out in front of a semi, which would have bine fine if he would have driven the speed limit. He drove to town going between 40-50 mph. Because of hills and on coming traffic the semi could not pass all the way to town. On the way home a semi caught up to him right after we left town. Again he was going no faster than 40, and could not pass. So the semi driver layed on the blow horn. it didn't bother Dad one bit and continued to drive slow. He has actually been pulled over by a cop and told to take gravel roads if he wants to go slow. Is this dangerous driving or is is it just being inconsiderate? I've talked to him about this several times but it does no good, he doesn't think it's problem and says its more dangerous to drive 65mph. He often drives to visit my 2 brothers who both live about 70 miles from him. We are thinking of telling him to only drive in town, but that won't be one bit easy because he doesn't see a problem, and could get very angry. Is Dad an unsafe driver, or just an inconsiderate one?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)