AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Johnny Punchclock
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Waterlooiowa
Posted 3/9/2024 09:19 (#10658469)
Subject: Johnny Punchclock

When I was a kid I heard all the neighbors complaining about farming and several said they were going to retire early and rent me their ground.I assumed that they meant it,,,instead they just got rid of livestock and used their wifes inheritance to buy another 500 acres to go with the 500 they had inherited. After a while it became obvious that these guys were going to farm till they died so I went to work in the factory. When I went to the factory there were no full time farmers under 50 in my township

What irritates me is the way some of you think every single person that works for a big company is the same.A lot of us did machining,maintenance testing and inspecting jobs that most of the people on here could never get the hang of. Also there were a lot of guys that had a business of some kind they ran from home,that added income. There are a lot of snow removal lawn care,landscaping,carpentry jobs that are sidelines.I worked next to a guy whose cousins farmed a lot of ground,when he got off work at 7 am he would load up a semi every day and take it to the ethanol plant so his cousins could do chores.

Sometimes you don't get the breaks and when your family is the only one that hasn't had land for 150 years it is hard to outbid those that already have a thousand acres.

Edited by Waterlooiowa 3/9/2024 09:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)