AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laundry Detergent for Surfactants....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 7/28/2007 01:25 (#179446)
Subject: Laundry Detergent for Surfactants....

Mid Michigan
Does anybody use Laundry Detergent for the surfactants when they spray roundup? I was using ammonium sulfate but it is kind of expensive, was paying about $50 dollars for 2 1/2 gallons of Engage liquid brand. We ran out and were going to spray and I gave dad a jug of Arm and Hammer Laundry detergent and we added about a quart or so to 180 gallons. I could have just as easily dumped the whole 100 oz jug in there. I only pay about $2-3 bucks a jug for it at the grocery store. I was thinking if it is effective at breaking the water tension it would be a very econimical way to make the spray work better. I think some of it contains phosphorus too and the plants could probably use that just as well too. I use the kinds with no dyes or perfumes in it too. Just wondering if this is a pretty common trick or if I am in left field on this. I can't really remember seeing anybody do it. Maybe the crop service places don't tell you this so you will spend $50 dollars on their products instead of $10 bucks worth of arm and hammer, or even dishsoap like Dawn or Ajax.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)