AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Know nothing seed dealers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 3/24/2008 21:43 (#341077)
Subject: Know nothing seed dealers

Amherst WI
I have a high maintenace customer that I sell seed, fertilizer and chemicals to. He is a nice guy, he just needs more guidance than most farmers. This year he has some third year corn that has been RR for the last 2 years. He had most of his seed bought from other companies and when I stopped in the other day to do his fertilizer order I told him I would strongly suggest the he use LL or HX corn instead of RR corn again because he always has a severe volunteer corn problem. I even gave him the LL and HX numbers to the other brands that I don't sell so he could talk to the other dealers and switch it. He told this to his neighbor where he already bought some seed and the neighbor thew a big fit about it. His neighbor asked what are you going to use for RR corn in the RR soybeans? The neighbor said there is nothing to control RR corn in the beans.

My customer called me on this and I told him for the second time today what we would do in the beans. What rock is the seed dealer living under? How could someone be qualified to sell seed if they don't know basics like this?

I guess I am still in shock over the whole thing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)