AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who makes the best quarter frame Alu. end dump?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 8/18/2006 22:53 (#37057)
Subject: Who makes the best quarter frame Alu. end dump?

I know I'm probably going to start a color war here and that's not my intention. So please try to keep it civil. Just looking for as much information as I can get and I know there are several farmers on here who run end dumps for the farm as well as construction guys.

Not even interested in discussing frameless, because of the way they scatter a load and can't stock pile it. Probably not even interested in a frame trailer now that we've been running the 1/4 frame 1/2 round steel trailer and like it. Length from 26 to an absolute max of 32, but we'll probably stay in the 26' or 28' range, don't need any more volume to get loaded with rock and don't have to worry about bridge laws here in KS.

I know there are a ton of different mfgrs out there, which ones do I need to look at and which ones should I run from? Tare weight is a concern, but not the only criteria. If we are going to buy another trailer to be able to max out our net hauling gravel and sand we just as well try to keep it as light as possible.

Thanks for the help
Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)