AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Staying Focused and Disipline with High Beef Prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 4/2/2024 22:02 (#10691453)
Subject: Staying Focused and Disipline with High Beef Prices

Missouri

After interesting discussion below Who was with Me I revised and modified my thoughts.

To start with Stock Talk represents so many different phases of the Beef Industry it is impossible to have a specific discussion like I was intending.  One segment of the industry often suffers while the other enjoys a few years of prosperity.  The cycle been this way for ever with the packer enjoying the Ace card.

My general thoughts are from a cow calf operation and back grounding of feeders.  I see so much push pull between the segments currently and it appears to be going to get worse.   The title Staying Focused and Discipline actually says everything.  I could actually stop with those four words.

I think its going to take real focus to plan for high calf prices threw the second half of 2024 and first half 2025.  Baring some thing stupid like a Nixon 1973 price freeze on meats, a lot of new pickups will be bought this fall by the remaining cow calf producers.  Per other segments each new turn squeezes and exposes significant risks.  

Little tricks like creep feeding with the price of corn can make huge difference in ones pay check this fall.  Hick mentioned that the inventory will come from increase carcass wts and I see that to be very true. That's back to what phase of the industry one is in.  I told Gavo to breed those Red Heifers he showed us in his barn a year ago.  I bet Dunlap breed hef price north of 3200$ for them this spring maybe higher.  The trick is Focus and Discipline no matter what we are talking about.  

A discussion this week with the barn owners as to what Kill Cow price will be the second week of July this year. $2.00.    Fall 2024  500# steers $4.00  right off the cow. 

As Mark Wright said 7/28/2014

Lite Yourself a "cortie" and enjoy watchin those smoke rings disappear. This deal is going Higher...Notch down Your Hat Son. Letter Buck, Knute open up that Gate.

Darn I would like to have a load of his pairs to split

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)