AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Revitalizing Key Pad Material
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/7/2024 13:35 (#10697662)
Subject: Revitalizing Key Pad Material

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The three keys on my Raven Flo Max are very stiff. They are stiff to the point that I cannot get the display to respond. I disassembled it today and tried pushing the momentary push buttons directly. The buttons have a good feel to them and the display responded properly, See Picture #1.

The problem is the rubberized key pad that pushes the momentary switches has become stiff with age and exposure to the Sun. Anyone have any idea of any type of product that I could spray or brush on the key pad in an effort to get it to regain its elasticity? I doubt very much if a new cover is available from Raven. See Picture #2 for the inside and Picture #3 for the outside.

My original keypad cover became stiff some years ago. I was able to pick up a non working model and swapped the key pad covers. This is the one that has become stiff now.

My original keypad worked for a time by pushing in the keypad area with a nail. Eventually this caused a hole in the rubberized cover which allowed corrosion to form inside and ruin the circuit board.

I pushed on the keys pads a bit while it was disassembled and got some movement back. I reassembled it and I can get the buttons to operate but not the way they should. My current plan is to attach a piece of wooden dowel to a tether and use it to push on the key rather than using my finger nail which is what caused the cut in the previous cover.

Edited by tedbear 4/7/2024 13:57

(Max Keys (full).JPG)

(Max Cover Inside (full).JPG)

(Max Cover (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Max Keys (full).JPG (95KB - 61 downloads)
Attachments Max Cover Inside (full).JPG (70KB - 59 downloads)
Attachments Max Cover (full).JPG (49KB - 60 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)