AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayers?? pull type or self propelled??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deereman
Posted 1/17/2008 12:15 (#285267)
Subject: Sprayers?? pull type or self propelled??

NE SD
Will be in the market for a sprayer in next yr or so. I amy try to get by with what I have this season. I now have a hardi big wheel 1000 gallon tank about 6 yrs old with 60' booms. Good sprayer no troubles at all. I spray about 3000 to 3500 total acres per yr including the 2nd pass of corn, beans,wheat. 2 pieces of ground are 15 miles away in opposite directions from home so it gets to be a long drive with tractor at 18mph. I also am always alone so its nice to fill up 1000 gallon tank and go and not have to have a nurse truck tag along. I now just have the local coop bring me water out if I am far from home and I carry the product on platform of sprayer in jugs. I could get someone to help if need be though. I am thinking of something with 90' booms. I like the idea of less crop damage with the sp sprayer but is it worth 30 grand more. New pull type around 30K Decent sp 10yrs old 60K. Sometimes would be nice to spray some taller crops later on in summer (bug work) which I now hire airplane to do. Of course there is more maint. with self propelled. What is everone else have with about these acres. I realize that I can get by with a pulltype BUT I sure WANT a sp.
Thanks
Jerry

Edited by deereman 1/17/2008 12:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)