AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any opinions on Mapshots vs SMS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 2/12/2007 09:11 (#103343 - in reply to #103336)
Subject: RE: Hallelujah, It's about time......

They have provided a component for reading data from the Insight... that has been available for two or three years.   Typically, I think it has lagged what their monitor could do, but at this point, I think their dll will now expose the product selections made in the monitor as true products.    And they log some info that we need to grab, and have not done so (spray conditions, etc)... the ball is in our court on that. 

The only open isue that I've got with Ag Leader at this time is that we cannot send .iby boundaries to their monitor, and we cannot send as-planted maps to their monitor for use in background for yield mapping.   I think SMS can send .iby files.  I don't know if it can download an as-planted map into the monitor for automatic variety assignment.   There is also a new .irx prescription format that we can't use, but they still honor the .tgt format, so that's not a big issue.    I have not investigated what support they provide for A/B lines.   I think the .msf file format supports it, but I don't know if the monitor does.

I probably lumped Ag Leader in more with CNH on open data exchange issues than I should have last month.   That was a function of CNH using SMS as their software, and SMS having the ability to talk to CNH hardware.   That may not be Ag Leader's decision.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)