AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1986?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

reformedbanker
Posted 1/22/2024 08:34 (#10587349 - in reply to #10587107)
Subject: RE: 1986?

Low risk customers will have a great experience no matter where they go. Farm Credit snubs their nose to those who do not have a lot of land equity. They push guys out faster than about anyone when they no longer conform to their credit standards.

I agree with Reality in that the banker job has become a sales job at many mid size and up places. This is of course true at Farm Credit as well. Just read the job descriptions on their website. Now, ask your banker at farm credit if they ever worked on credit analysis side and for how long. That's going to be the tell for how much of a real banker they are. I'm sure there are plenty of good bankers there but far from all.

Apologies for my strong and obvious bias. For people doing great that will never need an advocate on the other side of the desk - Farm Credit is a fine place. For people that may someday need the guy across the desk to defend them to a loan committee / examiner or make a point blank decision without running by others (a big no-no at bigger joints) - this is the primary competitive advantage to smaller places.

And to elaborate - to green light a banker the authority to make these point blank decisions, it takes a real banker than knows the credit side, knows the industry, and knows the customer. I cannot see with how bureaucratic Farm Credit is how they could give their lenders this authority. So I do understand why they don't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)