AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hockey accident update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SMASH
Posted 2/5/2010 12:03 (#1059282 - in reply to #1058970)
Subject: RE: Hockey accident update

Harristown, IL
My Dad had a stroke 15 years ago, the week before Thanksgiving(about Nov. 19th). Completely paralyzed on his right side and couldn't talk. He was 58 at the time. We brought him home after the first of the year in a wheel chair. I quite my job to run the farm for a year, to see if he would recover.
Anyway, my point. That April he managed to come out to the shed one day (arm doesn't work at all, right leg works just enough) and he said " are you going to the field today." I said "after lunch." (had tractor and planter hooked up, and tractor and field cultivator hooked up, sitting there) He said "I'll drive that one" pointing to the field cultivator. I thought "ya right"
After lunch I drove the Tractor to the field, put him in the cab, and asked him if he wanted me to ride one round with him. He said "NO!!!"
He has been driving a tractor ever since. Not as well as a two armed man, since his left arm is the working arm and the controls are all on the right.
He hauls all my grain. Tractor and two big wagons. I can't get a truck since he would have to let go of the wheel to shift. Plus don't think he would pass the CDL, or want to try.

Although, thing are different with your situation. They are very much the same. I thought of my situation when you first posted a while back, but didn't want to get your hopes up, so I stayed quite. Sounds like things are on the way. Keep us all posted, and My prayers are with you.

I know what you are going through.

Funny Thought: I remember taking Dad to rehab at the Hospital. Had a few handicapped parking spots, I would always drive past them and say "Lets leave though's for the people that really need them"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)