AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does buying land get me ahead in my environment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 1/29/2024 07:49 (#10598735 - in reply to #10598152)
Subject: RE: How does buying land get me ahead in my environment

Southern Missouri
earp - 1/28/2024 19:42

holi583 - 1/28/2024 19:14

Ya i too wonder about the anti land buying crowd of farmers, how they acquired theyre land base, easy to say lands too just expensive if you've never had to buy it in order to have a living farming.
Have yet to hear an old timer say 'i wish i had bought less land", they always tell me they wish they had bought more.

1000's of farmers in the 80's wish they hadn't bought more land! I can name several in just my little area!

I started in 1975 , bought first farm in 1978 at eighteen, sure was tough to keep it through the eighties but I did ,kept buying ,all I could when I could, custom work is what did it for me , mostly custom precision land leveling checks kept us going ,no crop insurance then ,was buying same kind as in the seventies but was good bit cheaper , those farms I have that I bought in the eighties I’m proud as crap of right now ,They are the farms that made it to where I could buy more land later on,in the eighties it was questionable if being involved in ag in any form or fashion was something to be proud of ,most of the guys here that lost completely out were the ones that never bought any land ,can’t remember ever buying one single farm that at the time would even come close to penciling,just how it’s been here
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)