AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insulation ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TJH
Posted 2/5/2010 20:30 (#1060141)
Subject: Insulation ?

NEIA
Moving on from plumbing now. Here's the situation. On this old house there used to be a walk out porch on the second floor. Sometime later don't know how many decades ago, could have been 60 years ago. They put a flat roof on it and built some rooms under this. Then maybe 30 years ago the put a tapered roof over the flat. 2 years ago this had metal sheeting put on. While working in the house doing some wiring and a little sheetrocking I noticed that there was no insulation above the lathe and plaster. Not going to rip all the plaster and sheetrock that was put in years ago. Cut a hole in the wall upstairs where the door for the porch/deck used to be. Saw all the framing and the old roof. Have about 2 feet of room the highest down to nothing at the eave. The old tar roof looks good. What would be my best option for insulation? Not going to rip all the plaster or sheetrock down. Thinking my best bet would be to put something on the old roof, but what. Blow it in, just lay some fiberglass on it or what? Also would I need some kind of ventilation? This is a very small space and when the wind blows from the east there is plenty of wind in there. You can feel it down stairs where the lights are mounted to the ceiling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)