AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church manners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Suey
Posted 2/7/2010 14:32 (#1062848 - in reply to #1062716)
Subject: RE: church manners

WCIL
You have to make a decision. Do you want children in church or not? Our church service is more caotic too. But, if the pastor doesn't object why should you? We installed a good sound system so he can be heard over the kids.

Some churches want quiet time for reflection prior to church. Ours is a family that wants to greet each other and find out how everyone is and if they need help. We do quiet down a bit for the prelude. Of course we have a drum set in the front of our church too.

Churches are dying. "Bertha better than you" can not keep the church going all by herself. You need young parents and their children. Yes, even I am distracted by the antics of some of the small children. By the time they are half way through Kindergarden they can sit still and stay in their seats with coloring books or other quiet toys. And then we hopefully have some more toddlers to entertain us.

I'll take the chaos, and crying over sitting in church with 12 other old folks.
I too grew up in a country Lutheran Church where we sat still during church or spanked on the way home. Our children behaved fairly well. We would have not tolerated the kids getting away, crawling under the pews or constantly talking. A few weeks ago a single mom brought her 3 year old to church for the first time. The little child spied the piano and was bond and determined she was going to go "play it". The mother was absolutely horrified! We tried to assure her that we were not bothered, we welcomed her back. She hasn't been back yet. I would rather have a few escapies from their parents than think they are home watching All star wrestling.

Presbyterian Church, about 75 people per week, about 25 kids per week. Older members pay the bills, the younger members help the church grow.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)