AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

good weather, spreading biologicals and feeding soil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Green Acres Guy
Posted 2/19/2024 15:44 (#10630663 - in reply to #10630630)
Subject: RE: good weather, spreading biologicals and feeding soil

Latimer, Iowa (north central)
There are a surprisingly few number of farmers that desire to haul manure for 3 months of their off season. Its much easier to call the coop and tell them which field to spread with dry. It also takes a pretty good investment in knowledge, equipment and facilities to do it well and be in and out of livestock farms quickly. Correct biosecurity measures come into play. I write the needed DNR Manure management plans/Rusle2/ P-index plans myself saving significant cost, adding flexibility, and removing headaches for others. Providing a service where manure disappears without any issues goes a long way so livestock can be focused on.

I haul and spread for other farmers out of livestock facilities as well. There is a markup on the spread in price that manure can be sold in small quantities, in a turnkey hauled and spread scenario, to what it can be purchased for in volume from the livestock producer. That "spread" allows us to cover all of our costs, pay for all of the manure we need that we don't produce on our own farm, and even make a little besides that.

edit to add pic of cattle manure analysis. Most not available right away, main reason i like to spread a blend of manure every year.

Sometimes you just have to ask too.

Edited by Green Acres Guy 2/19/2024 15:54

(image (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image (full).jpg (110KB - 31 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)