AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church manners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jakescia
Posted 2/7/2010 17:33 (#1063178 - in reply to #1062716)
Subject: Geez, guys, lighten up! I realize now what a clamor I must have caused, when..........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

I was about 16-18 and would come dragging in about 4-5AM, and the OL' Man made me sit next to him in church that morning at 10AM.............and when I dozed off, got an elbow in the ribs!

Although the Pastor------a friend of the family, and whose family had dinner with ours many times-------never chided me about it, I realize now that it was odd that he would smile at about the same time I would catch an elbow.

I think the comment about rather than glowering at the couple whose baby was crying, reaching out a helping hand is most appropriate.

I vividly recall when ours were acting up in a restaurant one night........we were probably 25-27, with two little boys..........an "elderly" couple stopped at our table on their way out.

I fully expected the worst, and was in a mood to give back more than I was going to receive.....

......when they said "we just want to say how much we appreciated your family and the goings on tonight.  We have not seen our kids in quite a while, and you made us homesick for them.  Public embarrassment is part of raising kids........just get used to it!"

The "old guy" shook my hand and wished me the best, and the lady kissed my wife on the forehead.............

I guess I have to define their actions as "Christian".

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)