AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church manners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tigger
Posted 2/8/2010 00:21 (#1063860 - in reply to #1063477)
Subject: RE: church manners

Iowa

If this was in response to anything in my post, I doubt very much people in our congregation would be offended if you wore your shorts on a hot day or if you had to deal with a child at some point during service.  Most have been there and would be admiring you for going to the trouble of bring your children to the service.  Our congregation is getting smaller, but there are a lot of outside forces involved.  It's been a good run, and it's amazing to me that we have stayed open this long given what the demographics have done in this area.  We could still hang on for a long time, but adjustments have to be made along the way.  Some of the newer members with children joined here because they noticed people try to get along and support each other and the community as a whole. 

I made the comment about being "on our best behavior on Sunday and wanting to give the impression we are like that the rest of the week" as a sort of light hearted joke to make the point that we know we are not perfect the rest of the week.  We do tend to act a little better than we are at church.  It's typical for most people when at church, a job interview, trying to set the right example in front of children, and the list could go on and on.  There are just certain circumstances when most people are a little more aware of their behavior than others.  Church is one of them.  Simple as that.  What some see as being respectful others see as being snarky.  Either way, we are all making judgements about what we think is right and wrong, and we are all capable of being wrong.

I believe being Christian is a way of life.  For me, being active in church is part of it.  It's not always easy or comfortable.  Neither is life in general.       

Edited by tigger 2/8/2010 00:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)