AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church manners
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 2/8/2010 19:24 (#1064809 - in reply to #1064745)
Subject: Re: church manners

Southeast Wyoming

We had an EMT at church for many years.  When his pager or cell phone went off it was a cause for concern and prayer.

I'm a little sensitive on the subject; in 1984 the church phone rang and someone went to answer.  The call was for me - the ambulance was home and about ready to rush my father 30 miles to the hospital with a ruptured aorta.  The church prayed as I rushed to take family to his side.  BTW, he had a 10% chance of making it through surgery, which he did, to die just over a year later of cancer.  (Edit - actually we were told after the surgery that his chance was far less than 10% of making it through the surgery, he had lost most of his blood, but the Dr didn't want us to give up hope - God gave us another year to patch past disagreements.)

I usually leave my cell phone in the pickup, but I understand the need for cell phones on and ready to receive a call.  If that church phone rings during the service, I will strive to get it answered quickly - and yes, I have also taken emergency calls there.

If you have no room in your religion for the needs of others you will find a very lonesome path the entire way to eternity.

Church pharisees are probably more common today than at the time of Christ.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)