AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are high wage earners paying enough taxes?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 3/15/2024 08:02 (#10665739 - in reply to #10665713)
Subject: RE: Are high wage earners paying enough taxes?

Floyd County, Iowa
Hilltop Husker - 3/15/2024 07:49

r82230 - 3/15/2024 07:15
(I find it hard to calling it a refund, if you haven't paid in, but that's what is usually called).

If a wage earner is getting a refund they absolutely already paid taxes. Their employer already paid they taxes on their behalf. That is where the refund comes from. The money they had the employer overpay the government because they couldn't trust themselves not to spend it.

Yes I believe anyone working for an hourly wage is probably paying their fair share of taxes. Salary positions are the ones where the percentage goes down and the folks getting paid in stocks or stock dividends are the ones not paying nearly enough on their fortunes.

No, some get more back than they paid in, in the form of a "refund". Actually it's a refund of all paid taxes, plus a "handout" in the form of tax credits. It's absolutely maddening that it happens, but it does. People actually admit it.
I had a long reply typed out to the OP, but erased it because it would only start a free-for-all, and probably get me booted.
But I do believe that the fairest form of income tax would be a national sales/consumption tax, on everything. The amount most current tax filers pay would be less than they pay now, according to what was said about it a few years ago.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)