AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At-home sleep study... Worth it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 3/15/2024 08:21 (#10665771 - in reply to #10665651)
Subject: RE: At-home sleep study... Worth it?

Floyd County, Iowa
redoak - 3/15/2024 07:01

Fwiw everybody I know that attended a sleep clinic was told they needed a C pac machine as they had Sleep apnea ...100% having it is remarkable ***************

Well, yes. You family doctor has to prescribe the sleep study, AFTER you have a visit with him and sleep is discussed. They don't just pull you in at random to do the sleep study. Kinda like a bone. You go to the doctor about pain. He examines you and says he thinks you might have broke a bone, or at least severely sprained something, so he prescribes and x-ray. They take the x-ray and find that you do have a broken bone, so you get a cast. Same thing.
My wife did the at home study, and she didn't have to go in and have the clinic sleep study, or a CPAP.
I had to take the clinic study, and a machine was prescribed for me. I had good results with it for awhile, but now I sleep better without it. I don't think my issue solved itself, but I just can't sleep with the machine hooked up any more, unless I'm dead tired, and then only for a couple hours. Tried different masks and nose pillows, but they just keep me awake, so I don't use it now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)