AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mineral Point Dollar General
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 3/15/2024 14:31 (#10666227 - in reply to #10665392)
Subject: RE: Mineral Point Dollar General

KY

Just put two up in our county of 5,800 folks. one at each end of the county, to supplement our "big one" which has a grocery in it. (Biggest store we have in the county.) Might add, both of these new DG stores sit across the road from one mom and pop store that closed a few years back and the other one is across from one which has been declining for awhile. Only fuel on that side of the county may keep them going for a little while longer, but that'd be the only reason. That mom & pop was bought by some middle easterners about 2 years ago, owners prior were friends of mine, and they said they were barely able to pay themselves (3 sisters that ran it, took turns working) and their two part time employees that rotated. They sold out and 2 went back to public work, the other had already retired prior to their time in the store (They were 3rd generation in that store). Difference between them barely making it and the middle eastern folks that have it now I would assume has to do with some sort of tax break / work around. 

Not sure how much truth, but I overheard one lady working at the DG closest to me a month or two ago complaining to a customer that there's six that work there, and it's open 7 days a week from 7-9 I believe. Was complaining that they keep all but the manager under 36 hours a week to avoid overtime and benefits. I don't know how their scheduling structure is.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)