AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At-home sleep study... Worth it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KDD
Posted 3/16/2024 09:20 (#10667063 - in reply to #10666539)
Subject: RE: At-home sleep study... Worth it?

Leesburg, Ohio
Tomcat, I think I have read these comment from you before.

If you have "air blowing in your face" there is something wrong with your equipment or the way you are attempting to use it.

There are multiple types of masks available. I use a full mask that covers my nose and mouth. No air leaks if it is adjusted right, and is very comfortable.
I started out with a mask that covered only my nose...didn't get along with that one at all, so requested a different one.
Have a friend that uses the "nose pillow" type, that is basically a small hose resting under your nose with little ports that seal to each nostril...sounds like that is maybe what you have?

I suggest going back to your machine supplier and trying a different type of mask.

And you have to use just a little patience to learn how to not "thrash around" in bed, so the mask stays sealed to your face. After just a little while, i figured that out the first night.

There are millions of guys using cpap machines and getting along just fine, and getting great benefits from it in better health.
It is certainly your own decision to use one or not, but you really think bad-mouthing something that is tremendously beneficial for so many, a wise thing to do?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)