AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At-home sleep study... Worth it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 3/16/2024 12:30 (#10667262 - in reply to #10667063)
Subject: RE: At-home sleep study... Worth it?

Thumb of Michigan
KDD- I think 99% of the issues I had the first time were related to the wrong mask. I had similar issues to the machine as Tomcat- air blowing in my face when it got loose on me. I had those two little nose pillow things, and issue number 2 was that if I did get the mask snug enough to stay on, they rubbed my nostrils raw.

I think I found out why I was having such a difficult time the first time while reviewing the results from my in home test. The pulmonologist was asking me where I lived and where I wanted to get supplies. Mentioned the medical supplier I had gotten the equipment from the first time. He was pretty adamant that I didn't want to use them for this particular equipment- they rely on the delivery people to fit the equipment. And they seldom got it right, according to him. The delivery folks had no training in fitting the equipment. My experience's fit his story, and also I think the equipment has evolved most likely as well.

This go around, I had someone who was vert good at suggesting equipment and had a large assortment of things to try. I have a beard, so that eliminates a few of the choices. I ended up with a Philips Responic Dreamware nose piece. Its only got out of place a few times, and its more noise that it is an airblast that wakes me up. Not meant as an endorsement for that particular mask and headgear, but so far its working for me.

I'm begrudgingly using it every night. I still notice no difference at all, other than my wife is much happier with me now. And thats quite an accomplishment I feel. Time will tell if there's more to it or not.

https://www.directhomemedical.com/cart/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Prod...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)