AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remember when
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

leoduncan
Posted 3/16/2024 14:14 (#10667381 - in reply to #10666659)
Subject: RE: Remember when

grade school and high school discing or cultivating had F 4s use me as a target, would scare you at first but then I would wave to get thier attention. they would do multiple passes and some really neat flying. seen a few barrel rolls, inverted etc. Always received a low level pass, a wing wave and pilot hand wave when they were done. I figured they had a much fun as I did.
Mowing hay one time had a Cobra "attack" me. That was neat. Could feel the thumping of the rotor as went over/by me. darn near vertical nose down over the tractor

The scariest was putting the lid on one of grain bins. Had a C-130 fly over. I swear he had to pull up to clear the bin. I could see his head in the window and felt his exhaust it seemed like as he passed.

I dont see them as low any more. Hear the planes flying over jets. they appear to be A 10 and every now and then i see a C-130 or few off in the distance, but they are much much higher than they used to be.

Maybe they tightened up the rules some for the pilots. Given my age now if I was "attacked" I might really die of fright as opposed to my youth.

Only thing flying low are the medical helo's Always say a quick prayer on them. Figure someone could really use it as I dont think they willy nilly use them. I hope I never need a ride in one but if I do I hope someone sees/hears one and says a prayer for me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)