AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Related to downsizing farm and crp............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

thekcirp
Posted 3/17/2024 12:31 (#10668550)
Subject: Related to downsizing farm and crp............

NEMO

Always interesting to read these forums and notice the differences in areas, that really are not that far removed from each other. The thread below
talks about wanting to downsize his farmed acres and one suggestion was not to put any ground in crp, so some young guy could farm it to get a
start. In my county, other than a occasional patch here and there, I cant drive by a field of crp that would be better off in the hands of a beginner(or
a experienced guy for that matter). Being in crp is doing them all a favor as poor as the ground is. So row crop would be a poor option, some would
suggest let it be hay/pasture? Figuring the cost of fence and handling facilities, purchase of stock, fertility, water, equipment, and some sort of rent, 
how can there be much of any return on labor or investment for either party?  With that said, I can drive less than an hour in any direction and find
considerably more land in crp(clay and cliff up in seia area for instance) that prolly should be farmed. It's a tough old world we live in, we must make
the most of it, the best way we can. I would hate to think WE let it come to the point that individuals cant make their own minds up on how best their
farms should be managed for investment and conservation. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)