AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Youth tackle football
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jacob Bolson
Posted 3/27/2024 13:34 (#10682772 - in reply to #10678862)
Subject: RE: Youth tackle football

Iowa
Not sure where you're located in Iowa but I'm in Hardin County and our youth football program has been part of YSF for many years-
https://youthsportsfoundation.org/

My eldest son is 10 and played his second season of YSF football last fall. A few thoughts....
1. All players on the entire team wear supplemental padding on their helmets; this is mandated by our coaches and was donated by a local business. In my 2 years of experience with YSF, we are the only team that requires supplemental safety padding.
2. My son loves sports, appears to be gifted with athletic talents, and I want to support him. Looking across other sports he has played such as flag football and soccer, I would argue that the risk of injury is higher there because there is zero padding. The boys (and girls too) playing YSF are stacked with padding.
3. From what I recall, all of our games have been within 1-1.5 hours of driving.
4. I love the team building. Our school district is comprised of multiple small towns with two elementary schools and opportunities like this help kids build relationships.
5. The quantity of parents that donate their time towards developing the team is incredible. But they also have very high expectations for the kids in terms of attendance, focus, etc. It is a highly disciplined team, which I appreciate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)