AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions on pontoons.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fellers Ranch
Posted 3/27/2024 17:35 (#10683021 - in reply to #10682854)
Subject: RE: Questions on pontoons.

Conger, MN
We bought a pontoon the fall before covid hit. It was good we did not wait until spring because prices sky-rocketed for the next year or so.

You should be able to get a deal on a used one, because my guess is that a bunch of people that purchased boats during covid have now found they are not using them as much as they did back then.

When younger, I thought I'd never have a pontoon . . . as they are just for "old people" to putt around the lake in. Hmmm.

We really like our pontoon, and we use it more than we thought we would. Our kids (now in their 20s) wanted us to get a ski boat . . . but the one we had was not getting used much. We decided on the pontoon, and we're very happy we did. The kids are actually happy as well.

We looked at tri-hulls but decided against getting one. The extra cost was substantial, and we were not planning to do a significant amount of skier pulling or large water cruising.

We went with a 115 hp motor, which we are happy with. We can pull skiers and tubers . . . other than people wanting to do major cutting while slaloming . . . although skiers of that nature don't want to go behind a pontoon anyway. Ours would be fine for beginner skiers and for pulling adults on tubes . . . unless you are talking about one of the huge ones with 4 adults on it at a time.

We did not buy a trailer because we only need it to put the boat in the water in late Spring, and take it out in the Fall. If you are trailering any significant distances, then having a good trailer is important.

When our kids were young, we had a Mach III tube, which was pretty big and could fit 5-6 kids. It was a ball for the kids and me . . . not so much for my wife. She'd freak out whenever it went air-born. With kids toward the back and a little head wind, I could get that baby way up!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)