AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Customer service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

chinband
Posted 3/29/2024 13:46 (#10685547)
Subject: Customer service

Mendota illinois
Is it just me or does everyone feel the same way I feel about customer service anymore. I was the service manager dealership for 38 years mostly before computers appeared on the scene and I answered all the calls. Now the mega dealers all have computerized answering services, the computer is never in a hurry to get you particular person. You have to punch all the buttons go through all the hoops and finally, you might get to talk to her real person, I don’t care what business you deal with you very seldom get a live person to answer the phone. This is very frustrating to me. I believe that everybody that puts an ad or any type of service on the Internet should be required to put at least an email address to contact them or a phone number to call them. I know that’s wishful thinking. I think that you will find it any at implement dealer that has a service manager that in all probability that service manager has never been on a farm or has farmed, they do not realize the urgency that the farmer expects when you got a breakdown. They are educated you take their time, you time is not important to them. I know that there are good customer service representatives that have dealt with the situation. They know what is expected of them and they do their best to satisfy the customer, but those days are disappearing. The most frustrating thing is when you try and get an answer to a simple question you have to talk to a computer that does not have a brain. It’s only programmed to answer with the automatic reply, which gives you nothing then you wait for five minutes to try and talk to someone that can really actually help you. Back in the day, in the busy part of the season, the fall harvest I personally would answer 100 phone calls in a day, I always wrote down the name and the problem because I knew I could not remember all of them and I did my best. I think I helped a lot of customers and they understood what was going on. I was no time for chitchat. I took care of the problem, got someone on the way to fix the problem or solve the problem with their help. And to be 100% truthful, I actually enjoyed the job. I love the challenge of trying to understand and diagnose the problem and solve it is simply as possible. I don’t think you find that anymore. I guess that is why the management let me walk out the door and never even tried to slow me down or convince me to continue to do my work the day the computer had arrived. I will always say the bigger the business the poorer the service. You will find that is more truth than fiction.
Have a good day
Rich
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)