AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

right to work states
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

thssks
Posted 3/29/2024 17:12 (#10685707 - in reply to #10685607)
Subject: RE: right to work states

How many years have you personally worked in a union facility to get your vast wealth of knowledge about them? Or are you just regurgitating the farmer mantra? Curious.

Five years in the USW and not only are they thieves but liars as well. They protect the druggies, alcoholics, lazy, and the more worthless of an employee you are the harder they fight for you.

A supervisor wanted to increase production and put in a request to have safety systems disabled. The maintenance crew, who was made up of union officers and former officers complied. Months later a kid was crushed by that machine when he tried to turn on a cooling fan. Kinda makes lockout tag out pointless and the maintenance crew should have done the right thing instead of being company stooges.

A union toadie tore the top off of a contractors trailer and no one batted an eye. My buddy moving finished goods, catches the corner of the rack of parts on the guard rail and gets run out. Months later the union starts telling everyone they got him his job back, bragging about how they protect everyone. So I called him up and maybe the did get him his job back but nobody bothered to tell him.

I was forced to work outside of my job classification for almost a year with out getting the the financial compensation as per the union contract. I took my grievance to the union and was told I need to document the infractions. For six months I logged everything I did with time, dates, and job descriptions. When I took it to the union I was told that there is nothing they can do because they have a verbal agreement with the company and it’s okay for the company to force me to do it. If I refuse the company had the right to fire me for not doing a job that wasn’t even mine to do.

Unions have become just another grift.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)