AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Eclipse pics from Perryville MO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Posted 4/9/2024 08:54 (#10700205 - in reply to #10700187)
Subject: RE: My Eclipse pics from Perryville MO

Pilot Grove, Missouri
David - I used a Canon 77D (APS-C sensor) with a 55-250mm EFS STM lens zoomed all the way out to 250mm. On an APS-C sensor, it's like a 400mm lens on a full frame sensor camera. It was mounted on a tripod and had a simple cardboard/film solar filter over the end of the lens. The filter was on for the shots I took before the full eclipse then I took it off for the totality all the way up to the diamond ring effect pics. I did juggle my ISO settings and shutter speeds as needed. The one larger pic is a just a zoomed in crop.

By the way - we didn't get home until 1:30 am. Traffic was a nightmare going north on I-55 to St. Louis. We waited until 7:30pm to leave and it still took us two extra hours to get to St. Louis than normal but heading west out of St. Louis to central MO was smooth sailing.

Oh and it was a fully family gathering for my wife's side of the family that we had this weekend at my mother-in-laws's. Both of my wife's sister's were there on Saturday along with my wife's aunt. The other sister's family also stayed through Monday for the eclipse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)