AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coming home!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 4/9/2024 16:08 (#10700631)
Subject: Coming home!

Strathcona, mn
This was the first tractor I ever drove as a kid! My grandfather sold it in 1995 to a neighbor. That was 2 years before I graduated high school. Grandpa passed in the winter of 1996, grandma sold their small farm and moved into town shortly after. She has also since passed. While scrolling auctions this winter I saw a listed for an estate sale. I was fairly certain that it was grandpa and grandmas old neighbor. After talking with an uncle he confirmed that it was. The husband had passed a few years ago and recently the wife also passed. Their kids were having an estate sale to clean things up and sell their fathers tractor collection. After waiting to see the pictures post I was 100% certain grandpas tractor was one of them listed. After patiently waiting for a couple of months I was able to buy it back. Today I got a chance to load it and head for home. It’s been 29 years since I had seen it in person when it left the family. My boys don’t know that I have it on the trailer, they will be surprised when it pulls in the yard. I bet grandpa is similing in heaven today! Hopefully he and grandma go dancing to night, one of their favorite past times.

(IMG_2240 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_2242 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2240 (full).jpeg (153KB - 86 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2242 (full).jpeg (213KB - 88 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)