AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone else getting these marketing emails from their agtalk profile?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Brown Cow
Posted 4/10/2024 07:13 (#10701277 - in reply to #10698835)
Subject: They're watching . . .

SW Wisconsin
I got this from Ambrook this morning:

From Our Editor
It can be hard to convince skeptics that Ambrook Research, the journalistic enterprise, is editorially independent from Ambrook, the software company. Why would a tech startup fund a media outlet, the doubters ask, unless it can directly help the company boost sales? And no matter what, wouldn’t the business side of the operation want some say in the type of content that’s being produced under their name?

These are fair questions! My easy answer is “We’re like a tiny version of Bloomberg,” the massive investment company that funds a media outlet by the same name. In essence, the business side of the company funds the award-winning journalism, which in turn pays dividends by building trust and credibility. But a key part of the relationship — something my boss has stressed on numerous occasions — is maintaining a strict editorial firewall.

If Ambrook Research was thinly veiled marketing for the company’s software, this arrangement wouldn’t work. One of my colleagues mentioned the icky feeling when you can tell that a “news” story is just advertising in a costume. That will never be us. And if I may be immodest for a moment, I think that’s why we have a rapidly growing newsletter (50,000+ subscribers!) and an increasingly vocal fanbase of farmers and journalists. This bold experiment really seems to be paying off.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)