AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coming home!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 4/10/2024 15:29 (#10701797 - in reply to #10701205)
Subject: RE: Coming home!

Strathcona, mn
Oh boy. Long story. Started life south of prior lake, grandpa was an electrician and had a small farm east of prior lake. I spent a lot of my youth there, I can blame him for my love of farming. lol. He passed while I was in hs, he was the only family I had that was at all involved in ag. After hs I went to college for natural resources and soil and water. After college worked for a couple of places then started seeding and maintaining stuff like crp. That transitioned into a little farming on my own and some custom work. When the economy downturned around 2007 I took the dive into ag full time, mostly doing custom work. In 2009 I got hired to come to Roseau county and custom farm for an absentee tenant farmer. Let’s just say that didn’t go well, he was a shady character. He left and my wife and I stayed and had the chance to rent ground. We have built on that and have now been able to purchase ground of our own. It’s been a good life but I’m surely not going to say it hasn’t been without its struggles and hardships. I laugh when people say starting from scratch can’t be done. Some grit, maybe stupidity, determination, and not acccepting failure can go a long ways! There sure would have been easier ways through life though!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)