AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hernia repair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 4/17/2024 19:35 (#10710575 - in reply to #10710459)
Subject: RE: Hernia repair

Floyd County, Iowa
I just had an umbilical (belly button) hernia repaired 2 weeks ago. I've had it for a year or more, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Just a little squishy thing on the side of the belly button, about the size of a grape, that I pushed back in when it came out. Then about a month ago, it wasn't squishy, and had some pain involved, especially when pushing it back in. Happened 3 times in 2 days. Went to my regular doctor, and he looked at it and made a call to surgical center. Next day I met with a surgeon. A week and a half later I was in surgery. I just met with surgeon yesterday for 2 week checkup, and he released the 10 lb lifting limit and raised it to 50 lbs for two more weeks, then do what I want.
No mesh used on this one. Incision on bottom side of belly button, about 1.5" long. That's a little sensitive to shirt rubbing on it, but getting better.
My regular doctor was surprised that I got in so quick.
Haven't got the bills yet, but insurance should get most of it. I had my tonsils out when I was 7, and went 60 years with basically nothing. In the last 6 months this is my second surgery. Fun times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)