AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switching email addresses.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Topshot
Posted 4/19/2024 09:07 (#10712513 - in reply to #10712461)
Subject: RE: Switching email addresses.

Near Richmond, IN

I have a Yahoo address that I don't use anymore.  Seemed like it was a pain in the butt to have to go to Yahoo.  I finally got our own domain name from Godaddy and set up email addresses using that domain name.  Then if I change internet providers I don't have to change my email address.  I use ZOHO.com as a host for it as they will do that for free and then use Thunderbird for my email software on my computer to receive the email.  I also got a gmail.com address that I use for anything not important so if it gets passed around the internet most of the junk just goes to it.  With Thunderbird I can set up different accounts for the different email addresses and when I open Thunderbird it goes and gets all my emails from all the accounts, gmail, etc. and I can read them all in one place.

So far, and I've had this setup for a few years, it's all working well.  I recently changed  internet providers to Starlink and didn't have to make any changes.  Hopefully I won't change again anytime soon but they are in the process of laying down high speed cables in our area, so who knows!  Anyway, I won't have to change my email address again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)