AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Picking Out a Headstone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 5/1/2024 08:36 (#10724736 - in reply to #10724450)
Subject: RE: Picking Out a Headstone

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

cows-n-crops - 5/1/2024 00:13 If you are over 50, 60, or 70 please go with your loved one and pick out your Headstone or Monument while you both are still alive. Mom passed last year and we took Dad yesterday to pick out their Headstone. I think he was finally ready (or knew it needed to be done, as i doubt you are ever ready) to tackle this burden. Lots of decisions: Color, size, pictures, wording, etc. It can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be, but probably a lot easier to do while both are living and less of a burden. I am thankful both parents wrote their obituaries months before Mom passed, so that was one less burden to tackle. I really have no room to offer advice as I basically have nothing in place for my passing except that of Jesus' Salvation that is free to anyone. But the last year, along with yesterday, has been eye opening. Good luck and God Bless!

I agree. It isn't really such a daunting task if you go at it with the attitude that you're doing it so that others don't have to try to figure out what you would have wanted. Shop around. Maybe take your kids with you to look. Go to various cemeteries and have a little history visit while you look for inspiration for your own stone. Ours happens to be black and laser engraved. Not everyone likes that look. Find a dealer who you can work with...not necessarily the first one you stop at. I kind of view it as a responsibility to be accepted in lieu of dumping on to loved ones. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)