AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just want NAT machinery readers to notice this....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 5/11/2024 07:27 (#10736515 - in reply to #10735986)
Subject: RE: Just want NAT machinery readers to notice this....

Jeffersonville, OH
JohnW - 5/10/2024 19:55

I am sure there are some NAT posters on here that work for dealers or companies who have gotten in trouble for posting useful information.
They were told not to pass on inside information on machinery design and maintenance problems. Companies want you to pay a dealer or technician to fix your problem or don't want the public to know about their screw-ups on a free internet site.

If anyone at AGCO ever tells me to stop helping people here, or posting the bulletins or dealer paperwork I post, then they will be really mad when I start posting even more. I don't work for them, I work with them, and unless I violate a condition of the contract they have with my family, I can do whatever I want to assist customers with their equipment.

From my perspective with AGCO, they are always fairly open about issues once they are brought to light, verified internally, and even if a fix is coming or resolved, they don't hide too much. Now, if they are working on a problem, they may acknowledge the issue, but don't always discuss causes, fixes, etc until they have their ducks in a row...discussing possibilities and theories opens them up for a lot of "but so and so at AGCO said"

Also, any help I give here directly helps them as a company by making their products more serviceable. If I can tell someone how to fix something without a service call, sure, maybe it cuts a dealer out of a service call, but it made a customer happy, and more likely to be happy with their AGCO equipment and continue that relationship in the future. We are always so busy I'm not worried if I cut myself out of a service call, I can't keep up anyway and I'm sure my customers are frustrated by that on occasion. I'm usually running in order of the biggest fire to put out, or balancing shop work vs road work, but I hope to never leave them hanging when they are broke down and can't work...maybe a glitch or minor problem they limp through, but if it's down we always try to be there.

Again, I really appreciate the thoughts here. I never thought I would become an internet celebrity LOL
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)