AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rtk using MNCORS vs terrastar c pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

john holland
Posted 7/8/2024 17:09 (#10803114)
Subject: rtk using MNCORS vs terrastar c pro

SE MN
I am working on autosteer for the planter next spring. I have an Incommand 1200 and a 7500 globe on WAAS. I just picked up a lightly used steadysteer. I was talking with the local agleader salesman and his take was that most people are going with terrastar c pro for simplicity and reliability, many of the local correction providers have been giving up because they didn't want to deal with maintenance and outage calls. There is a farmer nearby that runs a BR-1 and MNCORS for correction but I haven't talked to him at all about his experience. The salesman claims that he has seen problems with cell tower traffic changing and the lines jumping when it changes the tower it is pulling corrections from. I had never heard of this, is this a problem? He claims that he hasn't seen an advantage to terrastar x over c pro.

We have a lot of rolling hills and there are areas where a normal cell phone has no service (the little bar picture goes away and it actually says NO SERVICE), so I was concerned about losing the cell connection for corrections. Supposedly the BR-1 is much stronger than a cell phone and it isn't generally a problem.

My only hesitation about the terrastar is the subscription. I would rather pay up front than pay every year. Saving 20 years of $1k subscription will pay for the whole system and we are pretty small, so we could recover most of the cost of unlocks when selling, the subscription is a sunk cost.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)