AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rotator cuff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 7/9/2024 07:42 (#10803764 - in reply to #10802903)
Subject: RE: Rotator cuff

How long ago did it tear? Unless it was just a short time ago that there is still the stretch there, it won't be reattached to where it tore off. I had a complete tear the end of March two years ago. The arm just hung there for the first few days. Not much pain at all. We were still in AZ but packing up to head home. I messaged my primary and she set me up to see physical therapy right when I got home. It took less then 5 minutes for her to say you need orthopedics. So that took a little time to see them and then more time to get surgery scheduled. So I ended up with a reverse shoulder replacement in July. As I had a lot of arthritis, so might as well get that out of the way too. The rotator cuff could not be pulled up to the top of the shoulder to be attached, so it was brought to the front and attached a couple inches lower. I was in a pillow sling for 6 weeks. Pain was minimal. Started therapy within two weeks, but the therapist did all the work. She showed me very simple things to do that didn't hurt but helped keep it loose. I hope your surgeon and therapist drill it into your head what you should not be doing right away because you want to work. Be careful and it will be fine. My bonus when I could finally be working out more is I have a nice looking muscle now when I flex it, for an old lady.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)