AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PSA Prostrate blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 7/16/2024 22:36 (#10814441 - in reply to #10813365)
Subject: RE: PSA Prostrate blood test

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
redoak - 7/16/2024 07:32

Went from 6 to 8.9

I’m not a Dr. but to me that’s a big jump and number you definitely need to get it checked out further.

I’ve had prostrate problems for over 20 years getting semi-annual PSA test and the dreaded finger poke. I’ve been on Finasteride for my prostate for over 10 years. Last October my PSA numbers jumped slightly so had another PSA test done in February where the number dropped slightly. Had another PSA test in April and the number jumped up again. My urologist didn’t like the number so he suggested I do a more accurate urine test, never did one of those before, that number came back and again my urologist didn’t like what he saw so suggested I have a MRI done on my prostate so had that done about 4 weeks ago. That test came back and it showed numourous lesions on my prostate so the Dr. suggested I have a biopsy done on the lesions. One week ago yesterday I had that procedure done where they took 13 different samples from the lesions. It wasn’t the most enjoyable procedure to have done but would do it again if need be. After the procedure I was advised it was going to take 7-10 days to get my results. I got that call this morning and was happy to find out everything came back benign. I was fully expecting different news so was elated to hear the good news. Am I out of the woods, don’t know for sure but for now OK, I don’t need to go back until December. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.

I urge all men do a simple PSA blood test done yearly. It’s much easier to treat prostate cancer the earlier you can catch it then later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)