AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rtk using MNCORS vs terrastar c pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 7/19/2024 08:39 (#10817436 - in reply to #10817282)
Subject: RE: rtk using MNCORS vs terrastar c pro

Middlesex County, Ontario
tedbear - 7/19/2024 07:55

Just happened to catch a YouTube video from SparkFun this morning. It was the company president showing off some new RTK device that they are offering. It got over my head very quickly but seemed to have all kinds of capabilities.

He did mention use with tractors and other high precision situations. Anyone have any experience with that device?

I'm not sure which exact video you are referring to. SparkFun sells many boards that contain a Ublox F9P GNSS receiver chip. Ublox is a company that has been around for 25+ years making GNSS things. The Ublox F9P chip is a surface mount chip, Sparkfun just sticks that chip on a simple board so that you have a USB port and simple power supply and a place to breadboard/plug in headers, etc.

Sparkfun has a new package which is a little extruded aluminum housing with a screen and sd card, that's probably the video that you saw. This new product is basically a fancy box containing an F9P, ESP32, cellular modem, power supply. Its a visually appealing product with many bells and whistlers, but the F9P is still the star of the show. You can use this product as a base station with very little to no DIY tinkering. Emlid makes similar products that are in the conventional GPS dome style and are perhaps a little more rugged/weatherproof/field tested and is a little more commercial while still being high value.

The same UBlox F9P GNSS receiver chip is used by the Agra-GPS CRG, and possibly by other commercially available autosteer systems. Most people that have homemade DIY autosteer (AgOpenGPS or Cerea) also use a Ublox F9P.

I have 6 Ublox F9P's functioning as a base station, steering several tractors, a handheld surveying tool.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 7/19/2024 08:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)