AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rtk using MNCORS vs terrastar c pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/20/2024 08:08 (#10818632 - in reply to #10817436)
Subject: RE: rtk using MNCORS vs terrastar c pro

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Your reply:

Sparkfun has a new package which is a little extruded aluminum housing with a screen and sd card, that's probably the video that you saw. This new product is basically a fancy box containing an F9P, ESP32, cellular modem, power supply. Its a visually appealing product with many bells and whistlers, but the F9P is still the star of the show. You can use this product as a base station with very little to no DIY tinkering. Emlid makes similar products that are in the conventional GPS dome style and are perhaps a little more rugged/weatherproof/field tested and is a little more commercial while still being high value.

I believe you are correct as I remember that an ESP32 is involved. The device has several ports and connectors including ethernet, USB, SD cards etc.

I'm currently using an Ag Leader GPS 7500 with Terra Star Pro C and have been very happy with it except for the yearly subscription. I'm tempted to try one of these alternatives but at my age and situation don't know that it is worth the "experience".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)